A mosquito catcher is a simple device that is used to trap mosquitoes. It has been tested by the USDA and several other independent laboratories and has been found to be extremely effective and safe for use.
The Growing Mosquito Menace
Mosquitoes are a total menace. We hate mosquitoes not only for their itchy irritating bites, but also for the several diseases caused by them. Statistics reveal that over a million people die from mosquito-borne diseases every year. This figure is a cause of worry as no other organism has ever been the cause of such widespread suffering.
Mosquito-borne diseases like malaria, West Nile Virus and dengue are a major concern every summer. It’s time now that we found an affordable and effective means to get rid of the menace called mosquitoes, forever. While researchers are doing their work, let us see how the mosquito catcher can help reduce the mosquito menace.
What Is A Mosquito Catcher?
A mosquito catcher is ideal for both indoor and outdoor use. In fact it can effectively cover an outdoor area up to ½ acre by trapping any mosquito within the catcher territory. The unit is very simple to operate and comprises of four components:
- Heat attraction: Mosquitoes are attracted to human body heat. This body heat is mimicked in the mosquito catcher and used in the cone-area under the dome. Once the cone gets warm, it attracts mosquitoes towards it.
- Light attraction: Besides heat attraction, the catcher also uses light attraction like a mosquito zapper. But unlike the light in a bug zapper that attracts all insects including mosquitoes, the LED blue light in a mosquito catcher is formulated to attract only mosquitoes.
- A collection drawer is used to collect dead mosquitoes. Once the mosquitoes enter this drawer, they bounce, dry and eventually die. You would be surprised to see that out of the total catch almost 90% are mosquitoes. You need to pull out the drawer and empty its contents every week.
- There is also a fan system installed in the catcher. Whenever a mosquito comes near the light or the heat source, this high-velocity fan pulls the mosquito into the catcher from where it is sent to the collection drawer.
Advantages Of Mosquito Catcher
- The mosquito catcher unit is portable and can be placed on the porch, near the grill, under the table or even in your balcony.
- It does not produce any sound like the traditional zapper.
- The make is extremely durable. You would find additional long legs for the grass and short ones for the patio.
- Unlike other mosquito control products, there is no high voltage, use of pesticides or chemical smell.
So what are you waiting for? It’s time now that you got yourself a state-of-the-art mosquito catcher to get rid of these menace makers.